Graphic copied from here. There was a time, believe it or not, when the declaration on the graphic above was a fairly common sight in Metro Manila. Enough that it was a minor nuisance, like jejemons are right now, I suppose. From t-shirt prints, to vandalisms on walls, to fake tattoo s on prepubescent punkistas. Never mind that the declaration was total nonsense. It was popular. And so just about every lemming youth who wanted to be different -- like his peers, rode on the bandwagon. I wonder if these people ever learned the meaning of "irony"? Where are they now? Did they grow up to become the guy whose job is to call passengers to fill up jeepneys? Did any of these punkistas ever make it as a bank executive? Are there call center agents now who ever wore a "punks not dead" t-shirt? I have not seen a t-shirt, a vandalism, or a fake "punks not dead" tattoo in years. Is punks finally dead? Is it safe to declare that here now? Alright. Let me...
It was a very good experience. How about you?
ReplyDeleteIt ended? O.o
ReplyDeleteDaym, I must've missed it. I knew shouldn't have overslept.
Was playing online video games and didn't notice it at all! Now I have to wait for it to end all over again.
ReplyDeleteToo bad. Seems we were all too busy to notice it. ~.~
ReplyDeleteAnyway, there's always a next time. Hahaha.