Positive


It was not the result that I wanted. But because it is what it is, it is the result that I want, after all.

The significant other had been a little battier than usual the last couple of weeks. I mean I get it. When that time of the month comes, I have to get out of her nutty ways. Darwin never wrote it in his book, but this, actually, is the best survival tactic for the reasonable man. Expediency is the name of the game. What am I supposed to do? Beat the senseless crap out of her? If nothing else, my father taught me to never physically abuse women. Thanks dad for taking that out of the menu.

But last month was way nuttier than usual -- even for her. She was angry with me for no reason. She says she wants fish for lunch. And so like the dutiful partner that I am, I buy fish from the market. But no, it is never the fish that she wants. I can never figure that puzzle out. This kind of craziness went on for around two-three weeks. Until one hot afternoon, I've finally had enough. I am not her slave, I lashed out. Her reaction? Packed her things to leave. Of course I pleaded with her to stay. Its not the solution to a minor spat I told her. I thought 6 years of being together meant we are over that.

She would eventually decide to stay, but not before her tantrum reached Facebook status. Damn, sometimes I really hate Facebook. She knew I hated that more than anything else. She was taunting me. She wanted me to beat her up. I swear she did.

Men listen up. There is a lesson here for you all to learn. For all her unreasonableness. For all that craziness I took on the chin and smiled, I am glad now that I didn't do anything drastic. Trust me, had this person been a disgruntled employee or anything of that sort, I would have beaten the crap out of that someone. It was only because she was the significant other that I gave her a pass. And I am glad. Knowing what I know now, I would never be able to forgive myself if I had hurt her in anyway.

Two days ago, pregnancy test result -- positive.

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts