Offended


I know how hard it is for these stores. They are often the victims of counterfeit money being passed onto them. I get that. There is a reason why they need to install some type of double-check mechanism in their check-out procedure. But then again, must they be so crude about it?

I don't know what it was with that cashier. Maybe I was just tired, coming home from a long 6-hour road trip. I'm sure I looked haggard and maybe a bit disheveled. But she took my money, a crisp freshly drawn from the atm 1,000 Php bill, as payment for my takeout order. She quickly scanned the bill over some blue light for a look-see if it was fake or not. That there would have been alright. Like I said, I do understand their predicament.

But no, she then had to raise it up to check it against the flourescent light above. That really ticked me off. What? Do I look like the sort of guy who passes fake 1,000 Php bills?

I bit my tongue and didn't do or say anything. I waited patiently for my order. And then my change.

She handed me a 500 Php bill, two 100 Php bills, and some other lose bills and coins. My turn. I took my time, didn't care that I was holding up the line behind me, as I inspected carefully, holding each one against the flourescent light, every bill being handed to me.

Comments

Popular Posts