Push back


Push texts are illegal -- that is text promos should not be sent to your phone, says so the NTC. But because the NTC is useless, we have to push back ourselves.

Whenever Smart (or Globe) sends you a push text, make it cost them. How? Call their free toll help line. Clog those lines a bit. I made one such call this afternoon after I received the third push text of the day from Smart. I got to a Smart tech support. I told him that their push text woke my baby up (true, not even made up). I told him that push texts are ILLEGAL, so why are they continuing with this practice? Is Smart a criminal enterprise that they would brazenly continue committing illegal acts? Yeah, I talked to that guy for around 10 minutes. It is not a lot I know, but I resolve to do this every time I get sent a push text. And I am asking you to do the same. They push us, we push back. Make it COST them.


-----------------

UPDATE: Three days after making that call to the Smart help line, I have not received one push text from them. Is it possible? They have taken me off their list? Might be too soon to say, but that would be great!

Comments

Popular Posts