Life lessons


My 2 year old daughter loves balloon like nothing else. When we were at the Cyberzone, window shopping, while the wife was shop dressing at the SM department store, my daughter momentarily escaped from my clutches to rush a store. When I caught up, she was hugging the store display, a bunch of balloons strung up together. The balloons weren't for sale, naturally, that being a computer store. But the manager found my daughter so cute that she just had to give her one -- for free.

So my daughter was happy. And I was happy that my daughter was happy. Happier knowing that the balloon was an unexpected gift from a complete stranger. On the ride home however, with all the shopping bags in tow, the balloon was just too unwieldy and got caught on a sharp object or something. So when we finally made it home, my daughter had nothing but the rubber remnants of what used to be a balloon she so adored. She was begging me to blow it up -- bring it back to life. But it was hopeless.

There is a life lesson here somewhere. I'm just not sure what.

Comments

Popular Posts