A nightmare


I was in a small boat tossing about in stormy seas. I was afraid -- very afraid. But it was not of drowning or even of that boat sinking. My wife was pregnant, and I had barely enough money saved up. Prenatal care expenses was negating whatever little extra I was making. And the extra money I had coming in via special project was cutting it a little too close -- it might not come through soon enough. What if there are complications? What if? So many what ifs.

Then a calm voice spoke to me. He revealed Himself as the storm died down. He called me by my name and said, "Remember where I was born."

My baby was born 2 months later, a healthy, all digits accounted for, child of God. She is 2 years old now and we are going to the zoo next week. Everything worked itself out fine. Life is hard. And I don't see it getting any easier soon. But we will manage. Everything will be all right -- in Jesus' name... Amen.



Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts