Monday blues


So it's Monday salary day. As usual, being the paycheck to paycheck guy that I am, I really needed to withdraw money from the atm. BPI has three atms at SM Fairview (close to my apartment). But of course, being the uber-efficient banking people that they are, when it is salary day, 2 out of the 3 will be off-line. 33.33% batting average is MVP performance, if you are a batter in the Major League, not when you are a bank.

So ok, the line on the lone working atm was 30-people long. I measured the time of the first person withdrawing to around one minute. Perfect. In this day and age of instant messaging, instant noodles, and one-night-stands, I need to stand in line for half-an-hour or more to get my money. Which is exactly how I want to waste 30 minutes of my life away.

Fifteen minutes, and my calculations is coming to bear. I am halfway there. Progress.

Ten or so more minutes and the line is now just 5 people long. I can hardly contain my excitement. I am nearly there.

But like in the movies,  life is never that perfect, some old fart with badly dyed hair (or maybe a toupee?) cuts the line in front of the guy I'm immediately following, claiming he was there in line and just needed to pee or something. What the fuck? I didn't see him in line at all  for all the time I was gritting my teeth waiting my turn at that darned lone working atm machine. Liar.

But the kid in front of me was just too polite to complain and allowed the old fart to cut the line. There's a special place in hell for these old fuckers. I have to believe that. It's the only thing keeping me from committing (justified) homicide.

And to further lighten my already super bright mood, the old lady now next up for bat, goes to the atm and spends what seemed like an eternity looking inside her purse for her atm card. What? She couldn't have done that all this time she was waiting in line? I had my atm card out as far back 15 people ago.

A special place in hell, I hafta believe that there is hell.


------------

Oh yeah, I did eventually get to withdraw my money. It was anti-climactic, and didn't want to end my post there. :)

Comments

  1. Yes, there will always be people who just have to want to order food, check on their kids with the babysitter, and . They don't even trust the machine. They will first check their account balance, then withdraw money with the receipt, then check the balance again. Then they insert the card a second time, just to check their balance a third time! It is as if they would be reporting to a strict overlord who will audit their money and check it against the bank!

    And then they even call the security guard over, just to make sure it is not their ID they have been inserting all this time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. that's.. ANNOYING! good thing I work in SM Fairview and I arrive there earlier than the shoppers so I use the ATM's ahead of them, lol! see you around in SM Don!

    ReplyDelete
  3. And whatever happened to simple savings deposits actually earning interest? Banks now charge you fees galore for the same poor service. It's the MAFIA, I tellsya!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts