All that remains


Photo borrowed from this Facebook group co-owned by two pumpkins.

Spent the holy week break re-uniting with (the mother-side of my) family. Of course, that means, going home to our roots in Tingloy, Batangas (as told in this story). Photo above is all that remains of the Malaking Bahay. Our family no longer owns it, and is mostly abandoned.

One footnote that should have been included in my story about my lolo Irineo is this little bit of trivia that I just learned. Oh yes, my family, now realizing that I am the "chronicler" of our family, kept on feeding me stories that they now want immortalized. Haha!

When asked by then Philippine President Manuel Luis Quezon, "Senor Martinez, kailan ang piyesta ng Tingloy?", my lolo, always quick on his feet, replied, "Whenever the president comes." Now you know where my quick wit comes from.

Comments

Popular Posts