And this is how I know


Growing up, I never had a record collection. Mostly, because I was/am a bit of a tightwad compounded by the fact that I'm nearly always broke. And so, I had to make do with listening to my brothers' music. That wasn't so bad. My brothers have good taste, which roughly translates to no Michael Jackson, no Madonna, no Lady Gaga.

But now, left on my own, I find myself scouring Youtube for downloadables intended for my phone. I'm only now discovering my music -- minus the sibling influence.

Right now, I have Matchbox 20's "Unwell" and "Push".  Of course, there is Alanis Morisette's "You ought to know". I'm planning to download more from Alanis' Jagged Little Pill album later. I miss her, the crazy little bat from hell version at least.

As for Green Day, I have the classic "Time of your life", and of course, "Basket case". No, I'm not feeling "Wake me up when September ends" which I think stinks of sell-out.

These are songs I've never heard my brothers play. It is all mine.

Of course, when I do find more time, I do plan to download some from Led Zeppelin, Pink Floyd, and maybe a little Nirvana -- all sibling influenced.

I was doing this most of the day yesterday, which the significant female in my life found amusing. And because I had let her hog the stereo all this time, it is only now that she too is discovering my taste in music. Her new favorite now is Alanis' "You ought to know". If not for yesterday's activities, the significant female would otherwise be too young to have known Alanis. Thank you Youtube.

First she was attracted by Alanis' vocals. Particularly that part where Alanis gargles the word "you" in the chorus. Then I explained to her what the song is all about. Well, that did it. Last night, she was singing along, trying to memorize the lyrics.

And that, my friends, is how I know -- she is the one.

Comments

  1. aaawww this is a cute post.. i thought it was just about you discovering your own taste in music.. hahaha an interesting surprise at the end.. it shows that you are someone who is romantic in the most subtle of ways.. hahaha good for you.. you can hardly find guys like that these days.. hahaha ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  2. btw, try listening to some of Owl City's songs.. they're mellow and you'll find yourself hooked on the lyrics.. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Edz. I will look into Owl City (though I can promise nothing, haha). And yeah, it is often in the little trivial things of day to day living that I catch myself thinking, man, I love this woman. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. nice blog! just dropping by.shall we xlinks?have a nice day!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Neckro,

    I like Queen. Do I like them enough to include in my playlist? Hmmmmm.... having second thoughts... :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. same with us.

    when the rock music turn from noise to a lullaby in my wife's ears.

    lol.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts