A pretty labored metaphor


I really should stop smoking. It's bad for me and all that. Yeah. Yeah. Yeah. Shut up already. I know. Ok? The thing is, though I know that "smoking kills" to be a scientific fact, at the back of my mind I still believe I can get away with it. And by getting away with it, I mean I believe that I will die some other way and not because of lung cancer or emphysema. We all gotta go someday -- smoking or non-smoking. So yeah, chances are, I am going to get run over by a bus. So, no sense me quitting now.

You see, though I believe that smoking can kill me, that level of belief is not the same as say, a bullet to the head. Prove to me that smoking is definitely going to kill me and I will stop right now.

There is a point to this blog post. And it is not an attempt to make smoking sound cool. No. This is my attempt to explain how these "believers" can invoke the name of God in their attempts to dupe the public and evade justice. There is a glut of that on local news recently. Too obvious, too brazen, that I feel no burden to even point out the self-evident.

As God is my witness, I know these people will pay for their sins. If not here, then in the after life.

You see, while these people believe in God (and consequently "sin") is something like smoking, I believe that sinning is a bullet to the head.



Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts