24 Oras!!!


So I am watching 24 Oras, trying to pay attention, but underneath the video is this scrolling text -- the "ticker news" I believe is the jargon for it. So I am now forced to try and digest two streaming bits of information at a time. It takes a bit of concentration to actually to do this. Especially for me as I've the habit of going into tunnel vision whenever I am actually paying attention.

So ok, Einstein, my brain is now trained to multi-task. But that scrolling text is really distracting. It would not be so bad if they bothered to use correct spelling and syntax. Having worked as an editor once, my brain goes into "correct that" mode whenever I spot them.

Tell me, since when did it become the norm to always end sentences with an exclamation point? "Aljur Abrenica,  mayroon ng bagong show!" Am I the only one who is not excited about that bit of news? I wonder how many exclamation points it's going to take for information that is actually exciting and important? "Khaddafy finally steps down!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

Comments

  1. "Aljur Abrenica, mayroon ng bagong show!" should be "Aljur Abrenica, mayroon NANG bagong show!". Ng is merely possesive.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tagalog has never been my forte, but from what I remember "nang" is used with verbs. As in "nang mahulog ang bata". Because "bagong show" is a noun, I believe "ng" was used correctly. I can be wrong, again Tagalog is not my forte.

    Anyway, I was watching 24 Oras just now, and they have minimized the exclamation points and I didn't notice one spelling error. A definite improvement.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sino yang punks na yang nag post ba nag click daw sa blog nya???

    PUNKS NOT DEAD YOU SHIT!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Kung kumikita lang tayo sa pagba-blog, one per day ako imbes na once a week. Papangit din ang topics ko kasi dala na ng pera, hindi inspiration. Tutal may panginternet naman siya.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sorry, it has been a very busy week. Too tired to clean up the comments. I say, let the spammers come! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. you are right. i also read that part of the screen once in a while pero not to be informed but to notice errors. one such error was DOTC chairman resigned when it should be DOT only. TV5 error 'yan.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts