Beer flavor


There is something thoroughly depressing about eating breakfast at the 7-11. Maybe it is the microwave giving your cornbeefsilog an industrial flavor. Or maybe it is the fact that you are not supposed to know, therefore do not chit-chat with the 7-11 attendant. I don't know, if only for the friendly banter, I prefer Manang Carinderia's 2-day-old-a-tad-too-salty-adobo.

But sometimes, crunch time at work forces one to do the depressing meals. And just this morning, on top of the depressing microwaved sandwich, I noticed too that San Miguel has come out with flavored beers. There is apple and lemon, now available at the 7-11.

I am not sure why, but this depressed me even more. Maybe I am just the recalcitrant fool who refuses to get on with the new program. But let me be the one to say it, there is something to be said about beer flavored beer.

Comments

  1. I tried the apple-flavored San Mig! I didnt like it. Or maybe biased lang talaga ko sa Pale Pilsen. Hehe.

    ReplyDelete
  2. different strokes for different folks. i had the same weird feeling about flavored lambanog. imagine, mango flavored - beer? lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. hmmmm.. haven't tried any of it yet. maybe i should, lol! :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just as I expected, basta lasenggo/a, mag a-agree sa akin, hehehe. Tanong ko lang Leo, hinog ba o hilaw na manga? Kimmy, sorry ha kung bad influence kami dito. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Maybe you are not just comfortable with the idea that one can drink flavored beer with breakfast? May cerveza negra pa rin naman.

    On the other hand, ayoko ng lasa ng pandesal nila.

    ReplyDelete
  6. well expect the unexpected from the 24/7 convenience store since one can buy anything there anytime. poor in quality nga lang ang ilang products like their microwave line of sandwich and pasta. pero i stil always find myself buying them because of, well, convenience.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've already tried the San Miguel Apple Flavored beer and it's really good. I was actually shocked when I first saw this beer in a Ministop outlet in Ortigas. I couldn't resist that day that I bought a bottle just to try it's taste.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts