3D movie


I finally did it. Watched a movie in 3D. Yeba!

That this was the first time also means, of course, that I did not watch those blue creatures of James Cameron, not even with all the media hype. Nor did I succumb to all the word of mouth peer pressure. I was missing out they all say. Half my life, some insisted. I remember they said the same thing about "Disney on Ice".

I was really interested in the new technology, of course, and it is not from all their convincing. I did want to see what this 3D movie technology is all about. But MOA was just a little too far and the price just a little too steep. And I am a very patient man. I can wait for the technology to come closer to home and the price to a little more reasonable range.

I was right. Two years later, 3D movie technology arrived at SM Fairview. 300 pesos a ticket that includes one bucket of buttered pop corn! No, I did not miss the fact that the popcorn is just a clever ploy to sell those overpriced soda -- I just didn't want to digress.

The movie is a remake of the classic "Conan the Barbarian". I loved that movie -- the original. I saw that as a kid on betamax, I believe. I'm nearly sure of it, if only because I would be too young to watch that in a movie theater back then.

I don't know about this new version. Something is a little off. After the novelty of the 3D thing had worn off,  I began to notice the very thin plot -- if you can even call it a plot. Not even all the 3D technology in the world can prop this movie up. Poor acting. Poor storyline. Hot chick was not that hot. Conan character way too cartoonish. Just imagine, Arnold Schwarzenegger is twice the better actor than this one. Against how many other actors can you say that?

So here I am, back in my house, all pop-corned out to eat a decent dinner, wishing I had watched something else worthy of a first time 3D movie experience. This Conan was definitely not it.

Original Conan = epic. Conan remake = epic fail.

Comments

  1. Kami naman we watched "The Smurfs" also in 3D... Lugi walang free popcorn, hahaha. Nyemas na yan, ke mahal ng pelikula! Pero okay lang si Smurfs, natawa naman ako, hehehe.

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL napa-double look ako sa date of this post. i thought i was reading a post from 2009. sana napanood mo avatar in 3D coz that one's worth the trouble of wearing those sh_tty pair of glasses.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah Karl, I missed half my life because of that! Oh well...

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts