Not so great expectations


As expected, after a year or so in office, it can now be said that this is a mediocre presidency. Which is all well and good. You read that right, it is all well and good. That is as much as I expect from government. To at least temper greed and corruption. To at least not be so incompetent. To at least not have scandal after scandal on the news. That the constant news hounding this president is the identity of his latest date, which is actually non-news, is really good news.

Maybe it is because I never expected government to solve my problems. To find me a job. To feed me. To provide each and every solution to my day to day struggles. My expectations is for government to get out of the way of business. To let business thrive on it's own, without being hampered by red tape and corruption. That is the least that government can do. And I believe this government is on its way.

There will be no great accomplishments. But no great scandals, either.

Remember that there was never really a great prime minister nor a great chancellor of Japan and Germany, respectively, that led them out from the devastation of World War 2. It was Sony, Toyota, BMW, Mercedes, etc. It was private citizens doing honest labor in the private sector that lifted those two nations to greatness once again.

It is not up to PNoy to lift this nation out of poverty. It is all up to you -- PINOY.

Comments

Popular Posts