Thou shall not lie


The Church is shooting themselves in the foot by employing a Machiavellian tactic in their fight against the RH Bill. The RH Bill is not about abortion, it says so right there in the bill itself. The RH Bill is about educating the masses and giving them the tools to make an informed decision on which contraception to employ -- not force them to use any contraception, mind you, but just give them the education to make an informed decision. Why the big lie?

I would, honestly, give the Church's argument serious consideration, if only they would not be so desperate and employ a strawman fallacy argument, and employ it so poorly. I've stopped listening to them entirely. Really? You all think this is still the 16th century and people can not think for themselves? If there is any logic to your position, why not stand on those legs and present that to the people? Talk to me. Present me your position. But please, do not lie to me.

I am not an expert on the bible, I would never debate with a priest of what is and what isn't written in the bible. But I believe, somewhere in there, it says that "the truth shall set us free".

Comments

  1. wow! very strong statements...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I used to think, when I started this blog, that blogging is just ranting and casting my angst to the wind. But the funny thing is, one year into this, and I find that Google actually indexes my blog entries favorably and thus, people actually get to read it. I know, for example, that Globe screws up, whenever my Globe complaints gets hits (still number one in one keyword search, lol). So yeah, I believe that the church needs to be told to stop treating the masses like morons. Hmmmm... oh wait, they are supposed to be the shepherds and we the sheep. Maybe that's it. We are not supposed to think for ourselves. Could that be it?

    ReplyDelete
  3. the RH bill is a news hype, unfortunately, i don't know or care about it.

    o_O

    ReplyDelete
  4. The Catholic Church never wanted to loosen its grip on the people; for them the doctrine about the separation of the church and the state only works when the situation is favorable to them.
    Sadly, this abuse of power or influence will be perpetuated due to the mistaken notion that to go against the church teachings/position is an affront against God himself.

    As for me, this hypocrisy has been evident for a long time. With a clear conscience, I can stand confidently and tell the leadership of the Catholic Church that their view on this matter is not worth losing sleep over.

    I believe God will judge us more harshly for all the self-righteousness that we spew out that disguises what's really in the heart.

    They have not apologized for the Inquisition yet, have they?

    And we are not calling them to account that's why they think it is perfectly alright to treat people this way.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Uhh, I haven't been really following this news (olds) chain but I do remember a former Team Leader (who was a confessed retired womanizer, etc, etc.) who said this:

    "Sinabi nga sa bibliya na 'Humayo kayo at magpakarami' kaso, nung mga panahong yun, sobrang kakaunti pa lang ang mga tao, eh ngayon, sa populasyon natin, kung makapagsasalita lang ang diyos, ang sasabihin na niya 'Parang awa nyo na, maglubay naman kayo. Ang dami nyo na eh.'"

    :P Just making a Quoted statement. No need for the Self righteous to be all worked up about it. lol.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Seriously, have they read the bill in whole?

    ReplyDelete
  7. I know I haven't. lol.

    ReplyDelete
  8. The bill has gotten many revisions and seen many versions as it passes from one reading to another, from one congress to the next, but one thing remains consistent, NO ABORTION. The Philippines will not allow it (even those who are pro RH bill). So I don't get why the RC argues that they are against the RH bill because they are against abortion. Jinky, btw, the wife of Manny Pacquiao (who is the spokesman for the anti RH bill), is on the pill. Just saying...

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts