Convenience store

Non-smokers will probably not get what I am going to rant about. But I've a major problem. There is a great Winston Reds shortage in the Philippines right now. Yes, people, the world is near the end!


At the moment, I can only get my fix from Manang Sari-Sari Store at the corner. But she is selling it at 10 pesos more than she should. The Mafia, apparently, is no longer content in just manipulating the mungo market in the Philippines. They've diversified and are now targeting my beloved smokes. This, I believe, is going too far!


So why not just Marlboro? Or Fortune? Or Bowling Gold? You non-smoker, you! Smoking cigarettes that is not your brand is like doing the deed with a woman you do not love. Yes, it is something like that.


After spending nearly an hour in the wet market yesterday looking for my brand of smokes, I finally had to give up. And yes, was forced to buy yet another over-priced pack from Manang. She is really riding the short supply end of the law of supply and demand I tellsya. We need to put Manang in her right place by getting more stores to sell my cigs. 


Here's an idea. How about selling cigarettes at the Mercury Drug Store? They're selling just about everything else right now. Cigarettes won't be too lonely in the company of shampoos, spicy dilis, Baygon, etc. If nothing else, that would really be convenient. You can buy your cigarettes in the same place where you buy your cough medicine.

Comments

  1. Mag Marlboro kana kasi!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I shall take that up in the meeting on Monday.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Don Dee, i know you know this already, but there are better things than cigarettes that can be smoked and inhaled. They are natural, organic and sun-dried, and therefore are healthy and good for you. But unfortunately the authorities disagree. And we would not wish to become involved with the authorities over such a disagreement. Too much paperwork involved.

    Still, i do wish you all the best in your quest for the cigarettes of your preference.

    By the way (by the way, i can't bear to write "btw"), mungo with chicharon happens to be one of my favorite dishes, with a little patis added to each spoonful. Heavenly! i also like pan de mongo. Hopia too. i am honored that a Time Magazine Man Of The Year should share my taste for mungo. At one point in my adventurous childhood i was made to kneel on a bed of very hard, uncooked mungo, a life-changing experience that dimmed my view of adult relatives forever (very dim). Even today, i still dig an occasional mungo out of my knees.

    May your brilliant, inspired, refreshing, down-to-earth and highly original blogs continue to flourish. Lastly, may i wish you every success in your pursuit of wine, women and song. And may your success rub off on me.

    JHP

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the encouragement JHP. And BTW (I hope you can bear to read it... haha), I believe we share not only our taste for mungo, but also the Time Magazine Man of the Year honors.

    ReplyDelete
  5. yeah... And the time magazine man of the year goes to..... YOU.

    Yes, you. Its your age so you control blah, blah, blah.

    (If memory serves me right, that's what's written on the cover of the December 25, 2006 issue of man of the year. Hehehe. After reading it earlier, I googled it out of curiosity. I was lmao until I fell asleep.)

    Hey, do I know you?

    Also, nilagang munggo dashed with milk and sugar on top as served... It was the first (decent and not instant) dish I learned to prepare. I used to dry up our Mung Bean storage jars in a matter of days.

    Be careful. its amongst the reasons (may be the to contributor) I had rheumatism at such an early age. (Grade 3)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts