The God perspective


me at work

I work for a company tasked with the technical support for the high-tech equipment you see above. That's me at the main bridge of a full mission ship handling simulator that can be linked to an engine room and 5 cubicles representing 5 independently controlled ships that can join the same simulation scenario.

From the control booth, the instructor can simulate storms, engine trouble, rough seas, even make it snow in Manila Bay. As far as the simulation goes, the instructor at the control booth is god.

He can, of course, always give the students smooth sailing conditions -- the perfect easy life. But this is almost never done. For that would be just a waste of simulator time. The simple fact is, rough seas make better sailors.

Maybe that is something to think about whenever we encounter rough sailing in life. Perhaps someone at the control booth wants to make better sailors out of us.

Comments

  1. Two things about this post: 1) You have a geeky job, and I am not surprised; and 2) The positive note at the end is so not you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. 1) The equipment is super-geeky not me. But as geeky as the equipment is, it is still just the combination of hardware and software, so no big deal. The photo BTW, I am aware, is deliberately low-res, so no one can use it to positively identify me, if ever my arrest warrant comes out, lol; 2) I've always been positive, underneath all the superficial garbage I spew out that is, and a FIRM BELIEVER IN GOD (you know that) -- though not in the Roman Catholic way.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The meek shall inherit the earth...but the geek rules it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, but you have never been so OPENLY positive. Freaky.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is not geeky. The fact that a videogame rules the lives of students is. :)

    I love videogames.

    ReplyDelete
  6. We briefly wanted to install Plants versus Zombies on the 270 degree view, but thought that risking a hundred million peso piece of equipment was not worth it. Taxpayers' money and all that. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. @Boss Neckro

    Me too. Lol!

    @Maester Dondz

    Lol! Age is just a number Dude. And this post is just not you.

    Hey, does it also simulate ice bergs and capsizing until the ship sinks to the bottom? Lol!

    ReplyDelete
  8. at dahil nakaleave ako at nagnenet ako ng wala sa office kaya nakakapag comment ako dito

    akala ko IT ka, sailor ka pala lol

    ReplyDelete
  9. Noz, I am old. And a little wiser (I hope). And sorry to disappoint, but this is me -- or at least a large part of me. Yes, I hate a lot of things and would continue to bash them in this blog, but all in all I love life and think it is beautiful(in spite of all the bad things going on in the world). I am not an anarchist.

    simplysaycheese, I am neither an IT nor a sailor -- I'm a LOVER, hahahaha...

    Hey, thanks for the comments guys. Commentaries make my blog doubly interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Maybe you're just tired... Get some rest Dude. Take a vacation. Sometimes sex isn't enough. Lol!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts