Is it too much to ask?



From fast food joints 


Can you please stop suggesting? I ordered number 3. If I want to upsize my drinks and/or fries I am going to tell you. I am not a moron. I can read. And I know what I want. I’ve been here before.


From Mang Inasal


I am glad you invested on the nice TV screens. I am just hoping you would play something else other than your own plugs, over and over again. Come on! We are already in your store eating. We’re sold. 


From the local boxing coverage


Alright, I am not even going to touch the number of commercials. You have the right to earn profit. That’s fine. But can you please not have Quinito Henson or some other joker pretend they actually know boxing? The man is an idiot. You are not fooling anyone people. If you cannot have Nonito Donaire (because he is the one fighting) or someone else who actually knows boxing, then please just hitch your audio cable into the HBO commentaries. 


From Dianne Castillejo 


Can you please stop color commenting on boxing coverages? Perhaps for the first time in Philippine boxing coverage history, someone was commenting more on who was watching the fight than the fight itself. “Oh that’s Oscar dela Hoya! Look at him. He is watching the fight. His eyes are covered by the ropes from this camera angle, but that is Oscar dela Hoya. Did I tell you about when Oscar…” yadi yada yada….Gaddemit woman! Control your passion. The guys on the ring are trying hard to knock each other out! 


I miss the glory days of Smoking Joe Cantada. Gone are the days, I suppose, when boxing commentators didn’t have a high school crush on the fighters.


From the PBA


There was a time when I was a big fan. I can even name the complete line-up of all the 8 teams. Now, I just don’t care anymore. Are they still on? Is the league still playing?  Here’s a suggestion, go win something. Anything. First place. Second place. Third place. If you cannot be competitive against China, Iran, and Lebanon, then just fold your tent and stop pretending you are a professional league. I don’t care how you do it, just do it.


From the local mainstream news


It’s a little jarring don’t you think to hear one minute the news on the price of oil about to breach the 100 USD barrier again, then on the very next Chikka minute, Aljur Abrenica confirms his crush on that what’s-her-name-again girl. I guess we will all be alright then. I believe the girl feels the same way about Aljur, notwithstanding the implications of the price of Dubai crude oil of course. 


Be a little more responsible. Stop contributing to the braindeadness of the population. You have several showbiz programs on the air. Keep the idiot-bits there. If only to make it easier on the rest of us who just don’t care to avoid them. 


From the NLEX-SCTEX toll people 


No more boys please. Female! And make ‘em pretty. You’re charging about 3 pesos per kilometer, roughly the cost of fuel to drive that same length. The least you can do is reward us motorists by giving us some pretty-thing to do your filching. Oh yeah, summer specials? Bikini tops. I will not mind the extra traffic. Promise.

Comments

  1. Worst from the fastfood joints is when they ask "Is that all, sir?" Translation: "Is that all you can afford, you cheapskate!"

    ReplyDelete
  2. Repa! parang meron ka ngayon SUNGIT!!!! Haha...

    ReplyDelete
  3. NLEX, SCTEX and Slex listen to Don high toll rates na nga ngets pa ang nasa booth please naman :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. When you pay the toll to a female cashier at nlex or sctex, try asking, "May i see your boobs?" right before you drive away. But you gotta time it right, in case you get lucky. And make sure it's a girl, ok?

    Most Certainly Anonymous

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have a different experience, Don Dee. When I order at fast foods I make it easier for them. Cranking up the smile, using their lingo ("B1 please"), paying the exact amount. All because I want the food to be SPOTLESS.

    How the primetime news should upgrade: Do not recycle the morning news and show it again in the evening. Newspapers don't have to do that. And please, lay off the self-serving news about your networks. We don't get nourished by it.

    On Mang Inasal: Isn't that Brownie from Ober Da Bakod?

    ReplyDelete
  6. If nothing else, I do believe I get the right people reading my blog! lol.

    Let's make this blog entry a continuing wishlist of sorts. Make your own suggestions people. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. From Prepaid ISPs

    To stop coming up with promotions that they can't maintain.

    Please train your people right. Customer Service should be able to help people to figure out the problem not add to it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh oh, one more thing

    From the prepaid ISPs "Call Center Agents"

    Stop talking in English if you don't have good grammar and pronunciation (gedeymeeet), I mean it's more confusing. Better start talking in straight Tagalog if you're talking to a fellow Filipino at least it would be easier to understand!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh, PBA, the good old days. I also had this ultra-fanatic skill of naming all the players in a team and their jersey numbers, too! Ha! Ha! And everyone at home, including our dog, would be sitting in front of the tv set and cheer for every game that mattered - first game of the season to the championship. Crazy family we had. Oh, is PBA still on? Talaga??

    On Toll. Hmmm. I got myself screwed by E-Pass. But better than queueing at cash gates forever. And I hate drivers who can't read E-PASS ONLY!! There.

    ReplyDelete
  10. With the help of Youtube I can now easily compare with the flick of a button, PBA and NBA games. Try it.

    - Biz

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh poor Biz stuck in the center of Metro Manila all his life. E-Pass is automatic toll payment scheme. They give you a gadget (prepaid) that toll booths detect and you can pass without human intervention.

    The NBA is not killing the PBA. The rest of ASIA is. If we can not win against Iran, Lebanon, and China, you can stick a fork in this pretend professional league. The Jawo coached team at least finished silver in the Asian games, minus the Fil-shams at that!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ms. Halie, I do believe this customer service thing is outsourced. Another observation: they talk in English because it makes them sound smart. I tried an experiment once. I called customer service and used tagalog. They kept treating me like as if I'm an idiot. Like as if I know nothing about tech stuff.
    Then I used a perfectly said English line and the accent accidentally kicked in. After that line, the CC agent shifted gears then became easier to converse with.

    About Mang Inasal, after reading about the things you guys said, I am now considering myself lucky that I haven't ate anything there yet. My logic is simple. I only ppatronize fastfood joints which serves things I don't cook. My wife whips up the best marinade and I roast mean barbecues. So, why pay for anything less? Hehe.

    Besides, Quality of service on any fastfood chain varies upon location. Here in Bulacan, most fastfood sucks.
    KFC serves watered down cream of mushroom soup and over-fried chicken. Chowking regularly serves laway con leche to customers demanding a replacement for their wrongly cooked meals. They also serve saltier than bagoong congee. Topped with spoiled century eggs. Now, that was a nightmare.
    Shakeys takes more than thirty (closer to 45) minutes to serve something for take-out which would take only 15 minutes to prepare (Happened at an off-peak hour. No one else was eating) then when you get home, you notice that the spaghetti with the meal you ordered was replaced by a salad. Aside from that, they take thirty minutes to serve a single serving of ice cream which is already half melted when it gets to you.
    Mc Donalds serve meat-less patties (with eggplant as substitute) which is raw in the inside but crispy on the outside.

    So far, the few who remain good players are Pizza Hut and Kitaro in SM Marilao. The first, still producing top notch pizzas and the best fries. The latter, perfectly crafting enough devotion and skill onto their maki and the freshest wasabi.

    Another Joint that should most be complimented is Jollibee. There has not been any branch I've been to which had anything odd in the food. Kudos to you guys. The Chicken Barbecue was a delight.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts