Geniuses all



I wonder, how much IQ is required to be able to tell the difference between an empty box and not an empty box? This is not a trick question. Do you need a college degree for that? What sort of people would you hire to work for you in a bank? Not as the janitor or even a teller. But someone with responsibility that you would entrust to her/him the password to open up the ATM machine.


I made a check deposit using the ATM machine at the Bank of Philippine Islands, Rosario, Cavite, branch Monday last week. I was expecting the check to clear by Thursday that week at the most. But I made a balance inquiry at around 5 pm., that Thursday, and my balance still did not reflect the deposit. And of course, Friday last week was a holiday, so there was no more banking for the rest of the long weekend. 


I left town for work, break of dawn, Monday morning. And came back only this Thursday morning. After resting up a bit, I went directly to the bank to inquire about my check. The ATM machine still did not reflect the deposit. So I had to go inside and inquire with the bank people.


The BPI personnel were courteous enough. I have no problem with that. And so I asked, what happened to my deposit? Some lady led me to her desk and she began working on her computer. I doubt she would have believed I made any deposit since her records did not reflect it, but luckily I had kept the deposit receipt from the ATM machine (people, as far as BPI is concerned, DO NOT NEGLECT THIS). 


She made a few phone calls, maybe my check was out in limbo somewhere, but no one had seen it. At last, she decided to open up the ATM machine. And there it was, my check, just sitting there on the deposit box.


The bank lady looked flustered and was very apologetic. But I was so pissed at this point, I am sorry, she was polite and very helpful and all, but I had to tell her, "So what you are telling because someone did not do his job, I have to wait 2 weeks for my check to clear? So when is my money going to be ready?" (Yes, napa ingles ako sa inis)


She told me it will be in my "available balance" by Tuesday. Great! Another weekend without my money. She asked me if that money was intended for something important. I was tempted to lie about my wife being in a hospital afflicted with dengue or some other horrible story like that, but I was just too pissed to make the extra effort. 


"Someone ought to get fired for this. This is sheer stupidity. How dumb do you need to be to not tell when a box is empty or not?" I heard UP has an entire semester devoted to that alone, "Box Empty or Not 101" (3 units).


Rhetorical question of course, but now thinking back, yes I want to hear her answer that.


Again she said sorry. I tried to not make a scene as I stood up to leave, but could not help blurt out in parting, "STUPID!", loud enough that the other clients could hear.


Yes people, BPI is STUPID. Probably had PNP SWAT training. 

Comments

  1. Ang puso sir Donds, ang puso!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anger is punishing yourself with others mistakes.

    Never deposit checks over the ATM. You are lucky they found your check. Could have been worse.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Napa comment ng hindi oras tuloy si booyengyeng, lol. Ayos na ako mga friends. Binuhos ko na lang sama ng loob ko sa McDo na katabi nung BPI.

    Yan na nga problema, Kuya Bing, if we can not trust the banks anymore for the simple tasks like accounting for your deposits, eh saan pa tayo mag-tru-trust?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Who told you I trust banks? I use them but dont trust 'em.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lol. Spoken like a true conspirator!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts