A rose by any other name



Tuberculosis is a funny word. Just ask Jerry Seinfeld. And I agree. Blurt out the word at random and totally inappropriate times and the word is just funny. Don't get me wrong, the disease is terrible, but the word is funny.

Let's see, what other diseases are there?

Scarlet fever. Now that is something I might want to give my girlfriend for Valentine's.

Chlamydia. Sounds like something Microsoft would put out. A totally useless app that would crash on you after investing 6 hours of work. Kris Aquino had Chlamydia and her data was never recovered.

Bird flu. Sounds cute. Totally harmless. It's "lagnat laki" in Filipino, one would think.

Lyme disease. Sound edible. Just don't order this in a fancy restaurant, it's expensive!

Gonorrhea. Good formal name for your first born, whether be it male or female. Sounds majestic.

Botulism. Vogue art movement. Counter movement to cubism.

Athlete's foot and Jock's itch. I want one.

German measles. If Nazi Germany only had this in 1944, they would have repelled the invasion.

Gingivitis. Something to do with high school girls and their love for texting.

Zahorsky' disease. Sounds expensive. Whatever it is, you can not afford it.

Yaws. Finally, the music genre that would put an end to this nonsense called rap. It's not any better, but at least, it ends rap.

Comments

  1. Zahorsky' disease = yes, this one sounds sosyal! I think this is a disease that's famous amongst PBA players. (Zahorsky, sounds like Jaworski.) Digs? Hehe. Corny pucha.

    Good morning Double D! Miss you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Athlete's foot and Jock's itch. ==> Having spent my childhood days in an often flooded area, I was lucky enough to have acquired this but sadly, it never lasted. Salicylic acid was something very familiar to me back then... But I don't think I had Jock itch. I was never a jock. Sucks to be me. Lol!

    Zahorsky' disease ==> This is indeed expensive. . . And obsolete... But still expensive. There might be some of these displayed in army or air force museums though. :D

    German measles ==> Yep, I think they got rockets back then but they were way too inaccurate.

    Chlamydia ==> Is this the Scientific Term for One Note?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know someone, seriously, who wanted an ectopic pregnancy because it sounded thotyal. Sanamagang! Dapat kasi itawag sa mga sakit, ketong, galis aso, etc. para talagang ayaw nating magkaroon ng ganun. Di ba?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gingivitis, is a diseasae? Gawsh, I thought it's the scientific name of the yellow thing that I put in paksiw. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Maester Dondz, it's the Media I tell ya.

    Malamang narinig niya sa paborito niyang Soap. Wahehehe.

    Uhh, Halie, I think that's Gingervitis. Nyahahaha.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Mukhang nahahawa ka na (sa pagiging kaderders ko), Don Dee. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. neckromancer,

    I've always been kadiri in real life. It takes a bit of effort to not let that fact spill over onto this blog (because my pumpkins read it). Pero blessing in disguise pala yun, kaya kahit pathetic pa rin hits ko, may ads naman kahit paano.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts