37 hours



For 37 hours I had no power, no water, no tv, and needless to say, no internet. Power was restored just this 1:00 pm thereabouts, that's 37 hours after power was cut off  when the storm hit Luzon. And no, Globe has yet to restore their service. I am doing this right now in an internet cafe with some kid beside me playing ragnarok or something (I really don't know).


The thing about being without power for all of 37 hours, I am once again confronted by my inner demons I thought I was done and over with a long time ago. Once the 3 hour life of my laptop battery died, my thoughts started drifting to thoughts of mortality, the end of the world, suicide. Oh yeah, suicide. But that  particular thought came only after the 24th hour. 


I remember when I used to work as a freelance video editor. The thing about doing freelance work is that it is lucrative when you are working (3-4 times more than working in a network), but work is never guaranteed. I can make my monthly budget if I work one week a month. Sometimes I have two gigs at a time (sleep is over-rated). So yeah, I was doing alright. But you have to remind yourself to save for the rainy day. And rainy days always come. So I made a pact with myself to never spend on anything frivolous, not until I got 2 months budget safely tucked away in my savings account anyway. Why 2 months? That's the longest time I've had no work ever since I started working. And what happens after 2 months and I've spent all my savings and I can still find no work? Aha! There's the suicide part of my pact to myself. And no, it is not some lame-ass just go ahead and hang yourself in a closet kinda deal. That's for useless sissies. My suicide will be kamikaze style. Yes, final service to the community. And I've made a hit list.


37 hours of no electricity and I am reminded, I need to update my hit list. Gloria should no longer be on top of that list. She's going to prison soon, methinks. So yeah. I have a new list. But it is a secret. :)
     

Comments

  1. At least they resumed service here within 14 hours. Lol.

    Don't worry, like all else, this too will pass.

    But sadly for me, even with about five months wages tucked away in savings, moving out still got me on a tight leash. Right now, having internet connection is the only luxury I can afford. . . But at least I'm still online. And guess what, I've finally read all your posts. hehehe. Looking forward to a new one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was wondering...

    What would you want for a weapon?

    ReplyDelete
  3. My father trained me to be a sharp shooter(he was a cop). I can hit the head of match from 10 meters out (no exaggeration). Moving head of a human target? Hmmmm... I've never tried that, but I am betting I can do that from at least 100 meters away. Maybe farther if I train some more.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Donds if you ever go bonkers, i hope you remember that we're friends. Please don't include me in your hitlist ok? :)

    Lol.

    Wait, how big is the head of the match that we're talking about here? Baka naman kasinglake ng ulo ng tao na yan. :p

    ReplyDelete
  5. If you watched the last Olympic 10 meter rifle competition, a cute chick from the Czech Republic, hit the bullseye 60 times out of 60. Silver went to someone who hit it 59 out of 60. Had she also been perfect, tiebreakers would have been decided by the number of "x's" hit, that is located in the middle of the bullseye, roughly the size of a match head.

    When I was still shooting, I can hit the bulls around 50 out of 60 (nowhere near Olympic level). But this accurate enough that I need one target paper per shot (and it is not cheap), lest my next shot might go "missing" (as it will puncture the same exact hole as the previous one). It is NOT incredible if you are into it. It is good. But not really that good.

    ReplyDelete
  6. BTW, this particular entry was written in JEST. Alright? Meron kasing comment in my FB -- bothered by my murderous intent. lol.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You're lucky. The only ranged weapon I got to train with as a kid was an ethnic set of Bow and arrows. When I was getting the feel of it, the bow just snapped. . . So I was forced to stop. Hehehe.

    Anyway, Murderous intent could be good depending on the situation. Hahaha.

    Nah, just kidding.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts