Heartbreaking news


printed screen from here

I did not, in any way, photoshop that box caption from the Inquirer.net except to crop out the other parts of the page. Otherwise, that is exactly how it appeared on the breaking news page of the online edition of the Inquirer early afternoon yesterday. I'm sure they've updated the thing by now.


Way to go Inquirer! You didn't miss the facts... by much. Hongkong Nationals do look like South Koreans. No difference at all. And who cares, right? Wait... is that another news altogether? If so, what's going on at the bottom of the box? That's related news? Here's a suggestion, STOP hiring comedians to do the serious news. It's not funny. I'm just saying... 

Comments

  1. yeah, I did see that part last night. Made me think twice if I was indeed viewing the "Related News" panel.

    What sucks was that when I needed my internet the most, it dies out on me. Lol!

    ReplyDelete
  2. In fairness to the Inquirer, maybe on another day, that box caption would make more sense. Totally unrelated news article ata dapat ang mga yun. Nagkataon lang siguro kahapon na yung format nila naging "funny" -- and ironic sa huli.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Exactly, kaya nga inisip ko na lang na computer generated yung section na yun. Kaso dapat sana, katulad nung sa wordpress, ang nakalagay, "may be related" tapos may caption na "(automatically generated)".

    Anyway, maybe they just don't realize that there are those like us who prefer to read our news online.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts