Zynga poker champion




Google-search "images" with the keywords "zynga poker champion" and the result above is what you will find. Yes, people! As far as Mr. Google himself is concerned, I have enough Zynga poker creds to be on the top row, second from the left. Haha.


I checked my analytics and found that I got hits because of that. I hope I didn't disappoint too much. They were probably looking for tips on how to win the shootouts. Sorry, I am not about to give my secrets away. 


But hey, let me paint in broad strokes how I won the shootout three times in one month. Let me be clear, this is not a "how to", this is a "how I did it". So don't you poker players start telling me you are a far better player or my tips suck. I won three times. And this is how I played it. Fair enough?


1. Fold on the first betting round of the first round. If you've been playing shootouts, you know what I mean. If you do not know how to win heads-up with 1,000 chips versus an opponent with 8,000 chips, you will NOT win the 3rd and final round anyway.


2. Beware of Anna Kournikova. That's AK, or Ace-King. Like the tennis pro herself, she looks nice but hardly ever wins. Go ahead, invest in the blinds but never get too crazy. Don't bet half your chips just because you got Anna Kournikova or any combination of an ace and a face card. Wait for the flop.


3. Never re-raise. Call if you have the cards. Only re-raise on the river when you know for sure you have the best hand. Re-raising with the best hand might make a weaker opponent fold (thus you lose the chance of winning more chips). It's not how many hands you win, it's how much you win in a hand. I can make the top three by winning as little as 10 hands. It's only in the final heads-up that you need to win more hands (generally speaking, you can still win it all with just a hand or two)


4. Play tight in the first few betting rounds. Let the competition thin-out by themselves. 


5. Know when to bet pot. I usually do this when I flopped high pair and my cards have little chance of improving. If I get re-raised, I fold. But I slow play my hand when I flopped high pair and my other card is higher or I have straight or flush draws. 


6. Do NOT steal pots unless you are the big stack bully. Trust me, you are not going to get away with it. Play big stack bully only when you have the chips.


7. Do not bluff until you've established your pattern. Let the table know that you are the ultra-tight player. In the latter part of the game, that's the time to bluff (if you must).


8. Never call a bluff even if you know it's a bluff, if you do not have the cards for it.


9. Sometimes you just have to "call it to see it". But do not lose too much -- but hey, sometimes you just have to keep your opponents honest.


10. Do not be an a-hole in the chat box. The table will gang up on you. You will not get away with anything. And anyway, it's only a friendly game after all.  You can not buy a McDonald's Happy Meal with your Zynga chips.


Hey, got other tips? Share it on the comments. :)

Comments

  1. Actually Dude, there are ways to convert your chips into real world money as long as you can transfer them to other players...

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is illegal. And if you have any idea how hard it is to win 1M zynga chips, the current going rate of 100 Php per million is not worth it. Winning the shootout round is only 500K chips.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is exactly illegal. Never said it wasn't but you could buy a MC Donalds Happy meal with that. Lol!

    But with that exchange rate, it really ain't worth it.

    I miss the good old Ragnarok days when I could exchange something as simple as an unripe apple for enough money to cover the bus fare. I think the exchange rate back then was 1000 Php for 1,000,000 zennies.

    Now, that was worth it. :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. I forwarded the link to this blog to my poker buddies. I think some of them will be pissed that I've declared myself CHAMPION and Google has amplified the announcement a thousand fold. Haha! My poker buddies are of course United Nations (from all over the world). That's half the fun of Zynga. You get to beat all sorts of people. Yes, my poker buddies know I'm always out to kill -- even them. :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Kewl. Can't wait til they post their reactions. Lol!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I predict that the word "illegal" together with "Zynga" and "poker" will shoot up Google ratings a hundredfold, Don Dee. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. My poker buddies are still a little shy to post here. And I think I've just weakened my game by revealing too much already. Haha. But hey, those who've played against me for more than two times already know my "Hidden Dragon Crouching Tiger" style of poker play. And that, my friends, is the secret of a true ninja.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey, is this the continuation of the "I am Ninja" post?

    XD

    ReplyDelete
  9. Do you know on Zynga why for some reason the friends online box now is covering half the table and i cant get rid of it?

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts